A tuesday night in the Gunter house
It was a fairly uneventful evening last night except Maggie wanted to make everything a drama. She is doing so well in her class according to her teacher but I think she waits until she gets home to breathe that sigh of relief and let out her frustrations. I try to keep that in mind during her breakdowns and not make a big deal out of it but it's hard sometimes....
After her drama, she became very sweet and loving. She "fixed" my hair and we laid in bed reading books.
On another friends blog, I read about an interaction he had with the maintenance guy in his office. He told how the man commented on his beautiful family in the picture on his desk and then said "these are the best years of your life" as he was walking out. That comment hit home with him as it did with me when I read it. These are the best years in our family and I need to focus on that more often. Sometimes I get so tied up in making sure Maggie is learning what she needs and not being disrespectful that I don't take as much joy as I can out of the small moments like reading books in bed. She is so sweet and loving and I need to focus on that alot more. I certainly want to cherish these moments before she is old enough to think I'm not cool and she doesn't want to be seen with her Mom!

2 Comments:
"Owie" is still my buddy and she is 14!
That is so sweet and I am so glad you know this so soon. You can never go back and time does fly...Make happy memories...
Post a Comment
<< Home