Maggies Blog

Friday, August 18, 2006

It's Friday

Okay, let me start by saying "thanks Pam". I checked out your page and visited your links. The link to Madison's story made me sob like a baby! But it also made me appreciate my healthy little girl that much more. Temper tantrums and all!!
For the rest of you, our friends the Weaver's have a blog page as well and she has linked our page and others to hers. There is a story of a little girl about 6 years old that has Leukemia. Her mother has kept an online journal of their struggle. I have only read a portion but WOW are we blessed. As most Mom's do (I think..) I lay in bed at night and thank God for our child, lives, etc and then I briefly think about what I would do if I ever lost Maggie. This sounds morbid but from conversations I've had with other Mothers, I think it's fairly normal. I don't obsess about it but it's something that pops into my head every now and then. I think it's a reality check and a way of realizing that we are blessed with our child and that it could all go away at any minute. I cannot imagine what that Mother is going through or how it has affected that entire family and I hope I never know that kind of hurt.
Okay, sorry for the sad and philisophical posts lately. As will be able to tell from reading my posts, I go through natural highs and lows in my mood and I have been very introspective lately... I promise to get back to some fun stuff soon. We should have lot's of photos after this weekend. We have a Perryman family get-togther at my sister's new house tomorrow morning with the whole family for my Dad's birthday and then a company picnic at the lake in the afternoon. I can't promise we will make it to the picnic because it all depends on Maggie's mood/nap schedule but it should be fun and hot!
I'll also test my computer skills and try to link the Weaver's blog as well as some others soon.
Have a good weekend everybody in Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee!

1 Comments:

Blogger pam said...

I gave you the "You'll cry like a baby" warning! But you are right, after reading about Madison's journey you do view your life and family differently. Your problems and struggles seem so small in comparison. I thank God every day for my many blessings!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home