Maggies Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wow it's been a long time. I'm just going to ramble as usual so I can give a quick update:
I have been extremely busy at work and it has been stressful but I see a light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm happy. We have stayed busy on weekends as well. Last week I was in Phoenix, AZ which was very pretty but I didn't have much free time. One cool thing that made me instantly think of Maggie was a dusk on Thursday. The way the resort was set up, there is a natural area in a courtyard-like set up and then grassy areas close to the glass hallway. I was walking down that hallway towards our meeting room and I looked out at the people on vacation (isn't that nice) enjoying the lounge chairs. Then I look closer and there are about 100 bunny rabbits in the grass just eating away! They were just a couple of feet away from the people! Maggie would have loved that. But then a cartoon popped into my mind. You remember the one...I'll love him and squeeze him and call him George. That gave me a chuckle. Then I remembered when she was real young and wanted to touch my niece and nephew's hampster. She touched it real light and then squeezed it until it looked like it's head was going to explode! She really does love animals and she is getting the idea that you can't squeeze them but she gets soooo excited.
Oh well, it's times like those that make me miss her when I'm traveling.
Saturday, we went to a "sale" and bought new furniture for the guest / Jason's room when he is snoring. I really like it and it's a bigger bed for when people spend the night at our house.
We went to see a band Sunday night with some friends. That was fun and different for a Sunday night...that is why we took off work Monday! We also had the new furniture delivered which meant we spent the rest of the day shopping for new sheets to go on the bed! Jason can be so picky with homegoods, you would think he was a girl!
I also took off Tuesday because Maggie has her class trip to the zoo. We had fun but I had a hard time trying to keep up with the other kids I was supposed to watch. We then went over to Aidan's house to play. Maggie had a blast. They have a really good back yard for playing and Maggie doesn't get to play outside as much as she would like so she really enjoyed that. It was kind cute to see a 4 1/2 year old boy driving a 4 year old girl on the back of his toy 4 wheeler. Maggie thought she was cool, as she later told me. It kinda makes me nervous because I can see her at 14 on the back of some 17 year olds motorcycle!!!
Well, that is the quick run down. I will post some pictures soon and try to blog more now that work seems to be calming down a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home