Maggies Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Mid-week update

Maggie has found her calling....cheerleading! We went to the local ball fields Monday night because Jason works with some guys that have kids on the football team and we wanted to see if Maggie liked the ball field life since I grew up at one. Well, she loved it. She liked seeing all of the people and watching the game but most of all, she was enthraled with the cheerleaders and said she wanted to do that! That would be my luck. I was a complete tomboy and grew up playing sports and now I might have a girl that's a cheerleader. Before anyone stones me for that comment, I do consider cheerleading a sport to an extent but it's not what I expected of my offspring. She thought those girls where the coolest. Maybe she will be one of those that cheers and plays softball. I could handle that... I will post some pictures of her cheering tonight.
Today my employer offered a "lunch and learn" regarding working moms. I'm happy to say that I do a pretty good job as a working mom. Nothing seemed to surprise me very much about what the psycologist had to say but she did remind me of several things. I need to stop trying to be super mom! There is no such thing as a perfect wife or mom and I need to just strive to be an outstanding working mom. She also talked about scientific proof that kids of working moms tend to be more well rounded because of daycare exposure, etc. That made me feel better.
I hope everyone is having a great week. We will be traveling to Atlanta this weekend for some fun and then I will b e staying there through Tuesday for the series 24 class (work licenses). I hope to have good pictures from the aquarium!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home