Maggies Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

Today is a weird day for me. Of course it is the anniversary of 9/11 and that got me going this morning. When the moment of silence occured, I was in my car on hwy 280. The radio went silent and so did everything else around me it seemed. It was very weird and sad. This whole day seems sad to me and all I seem to think about is what Maggie will experience in her lifetime. I hope she never has to experience an event as devastating as 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. Of course she will learn about them in school but it's just different to live through that moment and relive it each year on the anniversary. The other night I was looking at her baby book and saw where I had wrote things about the day/week she was born. We were going to war in Iraq and I wrote about her Uncle Mark and how he may have to go. Thank God he went and came back safely and fairly quickly but what happens next? What kind of wars and tragedies will she experience in her lifetime? I know I can't worry about it because God is in control but I can't help but think about it at times. Another thing I noticed in her book was gas cost $1.53 the day she was born! I do remember when gas was under a $1 but only 3 years ago it was a whole dollar less than it is now......
This weekend was a good one. I started off Friday evening by visiting a friend's new baby in the hospital. He is a healthy 9 lbs and as cute as can be. I felt very comfortable holding him but at the same time I could not imagine doing it all over again and still working full time.
Saturday was good. We went to some garage sales, watched football, took clothes to the kids consignment sale, and went to Pet-a-Palooza with Gracie. She loved that!
Sunday was our bowling day. I hope everyone's weekend was good and let's get through this week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home