Maggies Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It's Hump Day

No new happenings this week so far except Jason joined a bowling league. I have never felt so "white, middle-class american family" before. While I'm happy that he has found something to get excited about that is not so expensive, I am a little jealous. I know that's petty but I want something to do each week that is inexpensive, fun and allows me time away from home. The inexpensive part knocks out shopping! His birthday is next week so he has already bought a ball, shoes and a bag with his future birthday money from Mom. He thinks they are cool although I hate to tell him that ALL bowling shoes are ugly!
Maggie asked where Daddy was last night and I told her he had gone bowling with some friends. She let out a loud "aughhh, but I want to go!". I told her that is was Daddy's time to play and he needed to go alone. She was fine with that explanation which made me think about my selfish thoughts earlier about the situation. I guess everybody deserves some time alone with friends.....even Jason. Too bad my time away from home consists of vendor dinners and trips out of state. Don't get me wrong, I sometimes enjoy these outings but It's still work and not a girls night out or anything. Maybe I'll take up pottery or something. If you have suggestions let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home