Sorry for the delay
Okay, I got an angry phone call from Aunt Cheryl because I haven't posted in awhile so here I am. I have been studying for this test lately and lost track of time in the blogger world!
This past weekend was fairly quite but I did spend 7 1/2 hours shopping! I participate in a kids clothes consignment sale twice a year and the contributors get to shop before the public. I got some great things for Maggie's Fall/Winter wardrobe but her favorite was of course the cheerleader outfit for 6 bucks. She thought it was the coolest thing and had to wear it immediately.
On Sunday, we hung around the house until afternoon time and she looked at baby pictures with Daddy while I cleaned. Her newest obsession is "where do babies come from". Of course I am vague in my answers but she wants to know more. She went down for a nap and got up immediately saying "God put me inside your belly" like she had a revelation during naptime. I was happy with that answer so we left it alone but not for long. She then asked why her belly button was bleeding in one of the pictures, so I had to explain the whole umbilical cord thing. She had a disgusted look on her face but then was okay with that one. She also asked how she got out of my belly.... I told her the truth in my case which was the Dr cut her out. She just said oh in a nonchalant kind of way. I'm afraid I won't be able to easily explain things away for very much longer. I'm grateful that she is very smart and inquisitive but come on! A 3 year-old that wants to know why and how on everything is making me tired.
She had a good day at school on Monday but her teacher is no longer with the school which I hate. She really loved Ms Beth but now Ms Amy will be in her class and she absolutely loves Maggie. As for school, I need to update that she now can say all of the months of the year by heart as well as the weekdays. She also can name her vowels and if I name a letter she can tell me if it's a consonant or a vowel. She also has learned to write all of the vowels and is working on consonants now. I couldn't do that at her age but the schools now are so advanced in their teaching that it's scary. Hopefully she doesn't get burned out at 5!
I'll try to load some pictures of her cheerleading outfit tonight. Have a good week!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home