Let's Play!
Okay, sorry I haven't written in a few days. I was in Chicago and then had a full weekend. Maggie was very happy to see me when I got home. That always makes you feel better.
I received a call from Jason Thursday evening when I was in Chicago. He started off the conversation by saying "Let me just tell you what happened at school today" He then proceeds to tell me that Maggie's teacher wanted to talk to him when he got there (bad sign). She told him that several kids got in trouble for playing Doctor today on the playground and Maggie was the patient!! Of course this got blamed on me because she had a dress on that day and I told her that we needed to put on bloomers before we left. I forgot to do this while packing for my trip and trying to get out the door in time to get her to school and me to the airport. All Maggie could say was "You forgot to put bloomers on me!!". I failed as a Mother yet again and made my child lift her dress and show everything to the boys on the playground. I didn't get in trouble for this until Kindergarten!!! They start early these days.
On Saturday when I returned we had a pool party to go to. It was fun except Maggie almost drowned (not really but it was interesting). She was sitting on the pool ladder throwing a ball with a friend of ours. He had turned away for a moment and she threw it anyway. But then she tried to reach it when he wasn't looking and sank to the bottom of the pool like an anchor. I was about 6 feet away watching helplessly saying "get her, get her". Of course he got her and she was actually fine. She didn't take in any water and only complained of her eyes burning so that turned out okay.
Then on Sunday we walked to the neighbors house to see their new baby. It was very scary seeing Jason so enthraled with a little baby girl. He was just too eager to see her and couldn't take his eyes off of her. As most of you know, we are done having children for several reasons. I can't wait until some of our friends have babies soon so we can keep them for a couple of hours and give them back. Maybe that will "fix" him.....

2 Comments:
You can babysit ANYTIME!
I told you she was going to be a hoochy momma! Just kidding....she is just "showing what she's got!" HA, HA, HA!
Post a Comment
<< Home